Part time Support Workers (North West England)
- Organisation: Real Life Options
- Salary info: Various up to full time 39 hours; Working on flexible rotas, includes weekends and waking nights; Sleep-ins may be required in some services £25.68 paid per night
- Benefits: Competitive Salary + benefits.
- Job Type: Part time
- Closing date: 20 June 2015
- Location: Various Locations in the North West
THE ROLE: . These roles involve helping the people we support who have severe learning disabilities access the community, supporting them to lead an active and fulfilling life.
Working as part of a team lead by a Service Manager, you will receive training and on the job coaching, as well as support to carry out a wide range of support tasks and activities to help promote independence and social inclusion.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will be able to show an aptitude and enthusiasm for the role. You will be positive, compassionate and empathetic with an encouraging nature.
You will need to have a positive attitude to the rights of people with a learning disability, particularly their right to be treated with the respect and dignity they are entitled to as an equal member of society.
Previous experience would be advantageous however; fully funded, accredited training and support will be provided.
Desirable skills and experience:-
- Experience of working with people with a learning disability is desirable
- Experience of working with people who have challenging behaviour or complex needs is desirable
All posts are subject to disclosure & PVG registration
A service provider providing support for people with learning disabilities, Autism, challenging behaviour and other support needs including complex health needs. The services support individuals to live in their own homes or within our small specialist homes.
These are ongoing vacancies.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.